Tuesday, October 7, 2008

24 hours

I think this has got to be one of my most intense/longest dreams ever. This is all happenning during my 24 hours sleep, from 9pm of the 5th, to 9pm of the 6th.

The setting is nuit blanche-ey. It's night time, the streets are full, lively, and full of excitement. I walk into a room, and there's something on the wall, some sort of metal thing that looks as though it can be turned to start something. Before I even turn it, I know it something terrible, but I do it anyways. Before I know it, I'm running from the place, the sky is getting cloudier and there's distress in the air. I know that a Terminator is coming to the city. Yes, a Terminator, the kind that was in the third movie...

I'm with people, people I know, yet I don't know who they are. We're running south, towards the lake. Everything is being distroyed all around us, the busses are running on their own and people are trying to board them to get out of the mess. We keep running, and all of a sudden we're in a huge tunnel that leads to a giant room. There are people of all kinds in the room, and it's buzzing with intelligence. The giant room turns into a golden hall, with steps in the form of a pyramid at the end, with a giant golden orb on top of a giant golden treasure box. As I walk in, I notice two people from the middle east trying to figure out some sort of subway system. Before I know it, I'm in a subway stop with Diana. The subway stop seems ordinary and isn't very full, but I know there's something special about the train. We go to the end of the tunnel and we see a man, maybe in his early twneties, so I ask him about the train. He says he's been riding it for a while now, and when i ask him how many deminsions it crosses, he says over 500.

We board the train as soon as it comes, and it seems a bit full. Right away, I put my hands up against the wall knowing in a few seconds there's going to be a giant white flash, and intense moment of movement and once it's over, we'd be in another subway station that looks exactly the same as the rest, but the world is completely different.

At this point, I'm alone and walking through some deserted dark streets. Soon, the streets fade into a forest and before I know it I'm walking towards a giant canyon filled with water. There's no way to cross it, but I instantly know what to do. I just run towards the ledge and jump! I spread my arms, like wings, and let the air to the rest. I'm gliding! It feels like flying, feels so freeing and amazing. I get to the other side of the canyon and now I'm biking along Perth Avenue to my elementary school, and as I get closer I see neat looking people, all my age, just walking into the school and signing out. I bike past them and keep going down the street... my dream fades at this point.

No comments: