Saturday, August 2, 2008

Corpo-whats?

So the country is officially in recession, our neighbors downstairs are also in recession and as we all can sense, they're fucked. So I'm wondering, how long will it take people to realize that all of this recession retardation could be avoided if corporations weren't around? We all know they run businesses with the goal of making as much money as possible, as efficiently as possible and then sit on that large amount of money for as long as possible.

Are people really that blind to that fact that a few of these multi-billion dollar corporations own/are trying to get ownership of everything and everyone? Are people really that lost that they can't realize that life would be a lot simpler without these wealthy giants? Are people really that dependant on these large figures? Don't people see that all this wealth can be spread out properly?

Call me a rebel, call me an anarchist, call me an extremist, I've heard it all before. But maybe you should sit down, think things through and realize the possibilities before you jump to the conclusion that the world has to be run by a few individuals. After all, are we forgetting that we're a communal species? Don't you think we can run the world together, without having vast differences in wealth and life styles? Does a person really need more than a million dollars a year? Can't a person be happy without all these manufactured material goods?

Maybe I'm a hippie, maybe I'm a communist, but I just think I'm a person with a simple idea that I know a lot of people share. Why can't we make this happen already, what the hell is the world waiting for, what will it take to wake people the fuck up?!

No comments: